Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Amber's Senior Day...

Last Saturday, April 25th, was Amber's Senior Day for softball at DePaul University. I dreaded this day thinking it would be unbearably sad and I would cry big tears. I have to say, it was a wonderful day of ballgames and a banquet afterwards, which was fit for a king! Amber's softball coach, Eugene Lenti also celebrated his 1000th career win so really the banquet was for Coach Lenti and Amber and the 3 other Seniors.






Amber, Jackie, and Lauren acting silly!
Ashley and Amber, Ashley is Amber's twin sister! The whole family: Abby, Abby's husband, Carl, Ashley, Amber, Tim, and me.
Tim, Amber and me!



Coach Lenti is pictured below with the President of the University and the Athletic Director and the DePaul Softball team. The sign is framed and all the past and present softball players signed it at the Banquet!
So many wonderful comments and speeches were made about Coach Lenti and the Seniors. And, I did not cry once!! Maybe a little teary eyed at some parts but no big tears or ugly cries from me, no siree!! Amber's sisters, brother-in-law, aunts and uncles and friends were in attendance to help her celebrate her softball career. It was a fun day and evening!


I am so proud of Amber and her accomplishments! Just a reminder to keep voting for Amber for the Lowe's Senior CLASS Award.
Here is the link: http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/softball_2009/


On to other news, I have new puppy pictures! We will be picking our new puppy up in Louisville on May 10th!



Aren't they adorable, there are only 5 in this picture so 2 of the puppies are probably in the grass. They have a lot of white in them. Don't know which puppy we will be getting!! Can't wait till May 10th!

Have a great day!

Donna


No comments: